Hospice care is not about giving up or losing hope; hospice is about quality of life.
Overview Of Services…
Hospice care is available to those facing a life-limiting illness. Throughout this journey our experienced and sensitive team will provide meaningful care and support to your loved one, as well as your family. Our hospice team will be there explaining the process, addressing physical, emotional, and spiritual concerns. Our services are provided in the place you call home – personal residence, assisted living facility, or nursing home. At Companion, our priority is meeting your family’s needs while ensuring your loved one is well cared for.
You Or A Loved One May Need Hospice If…
Faced with a life-limiting illness where aggressive treatments and medications are no longer beneficial. Indicators may include:
- Repeated hospitalizations or visits to emergency rooms
- Failure to “bounce back” after medical setbacks occur
- Significant weight loss or progressive weakness and decline in functional ability
- Side effects of treatments outweigh the benefits
- You’ve opted to no longer seek aggressive treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation, or experimental medications
We understand every situation is different. Our team members will be there to provide emotional, spiritual, and physical support during this challenging time. The earlier we join you in this process, the more resources we can provide to create a supportive experience.